I am enthusiastic, motivated, creative, and a team-player, with a solid understanding of lights and lighting techniques. Years of experience in Theatre and Television have given me a great appreciation for the collaborative process, and the demands of working as part of a skilled crew; I am a quick study, and am able to adapt to most any production environment.
2010 Bachelor of Fine Arts: Film/Video, emphasis in Directing (summa cum laude)
Columbia College, Chicago -- Chicago, IL, USA
Course of study covered theory as well as technique, and involved a variety of practical exercises, including producing completed short films under a strict deadline. The degree involved classes in Screenwriting, Production, and Directing.
2007 Associates in Arts: Mass Communications & Theatre (highest honors)
Illinois Central College -- Peoria, IL, USA
Coursework for Mass Comm involved an overview of television history and science, as well as practical exercises in producing a variety of television formats; Theatre coursework involved classes in script analysis, acting, directing, and design, as well as a practicum. In final year, gained a scholarship for stage managing.
• "Illinois Adventure" TV series, G&E, segments:
-- #1808, "Anderson Japanese Gardens"
-- #1807, "International Museum of Surgical Science in Chicago"
-- #1806, "Ogelsby Mansion"
-- #1805, "Galesburg Railroad Museum"
-- #1901, "Fryxell Geology Museum"
• "Of Nature" 2017 short film, G&E
Dir. Samuel Gonzales Jr., DP Robert E. Arnold
• "Slang N' Friendz" 2017 Kickstarter video, G&E
Dir. Kindari O'Connor, DP Bryan Sims
• "The Day That" 2017 short film (AFI), Grip
Dir. Dorian Tocker, DP Lidia Nikonova
• "Sad Eyes" 2017 short film (AFI), G&E Swing
Dir. Jojo Erholtz, DP Vaughn Greve
• "Call of the Void" 2017 short film (AFI), Grip
Dir. Austin Rourke, DP Tom Meredith
• "Morning Lily" 2017 short film (AFI), G&E Swing
Dir. Jiawei Cheng, DP Leo Purman
• "Not Forest Dance" 2017 short film (AFI), Electric
Dir. Dimitris Tsilifonis, DP Vaughn Greve
• "Avocado" 2018 short film, G&E
Dir. Michelle Dos Santos, DP Jennifer Hook
• "Road to Hell" 2018 short film (AFI), Grip
Dir. Darius Dawson, DP Tom Meredith
• "Cain & Abel" 2018 short film (AFI), Grip
Dir. Jeanine Brinell Frost, DP Aakash Raj
• "Stones" 2018 short film (AFI), Grip
Dir. Nicole Vanden Broeck, DP Elizabeth Petersen
• "Hired Edication" 2018 web series, Grip, episodes:
--"The Boss Lady"
Dir. Michelle Dos Santos, DP Becky Sapp
• "This May Take A While" 2018 short film, G&E
Dir. Michelle Dos Santos, DP Arthur Love
• "Bruise" 2018 short film (AFI), G&E
Dir. Casey Modderno, DP Sonja Tsypin
• "See You Next Tuesday" 2018 web pilot, Gaffer
Dir. Derek Dow, DP Becky Sapp
• "The Southern Thruway"
2018 short film (AFI), G&E Swing
Dir. Samir Oliveros, DP Gemma Doll-Grossman
• "Mrs Fitzgerald Is Missing"
2018 TV series, Gaffer, episodes:
--#202, "Farewell Interrupted"
--#203, "Two Drink Maximum"
--#204, "Confessions and Lies"
Dir. Dave Bean, DP Becky Sapp
• "The Happy Side" 2019 short film, Key Grip
Dir. Michelle Dos Santos, DP Jeff Carolan
• "I'm Trying" 2019 web pilot, Gaffer
Dir. Derek Dow, DP Becky Sapp
• Film/Video/Theatrical Lighting
• Camera supports
• Field lights (LED lights & Lowel
DP, Pro, and Rifa Lights)
• Grip/electric equipment
• Hanging lights from a grid
• Cable management
2010-16 Production Crew
WTVP (PBS Member-Station) -- Peoria, IL, USA
Job involved both studio and on-location shoots. Locations ranged from the Illinois State Capitol Building, to sports stadiums, to isolated fields in the middle of nowhere. In-studio, I was often charged with hanging lights from the grid to create a balanced lighting environment; on location shoots, I was usually responsible for setting up lights (Lowel Pro and Rifa lights) and camera supports, as well as running power for such. I have been involved in hundreds of shoots, and have developed the capacity to work quickly and efficiently.
I have been a director and/or director of photography on a variety of low-budget short films, usually acting as a one-man-band, responsible for both camera operation and grip/electric. Through these experiences, I have learned to be versatile and a creative problem-solver.